Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Power's out, again!

We lost power at work today and we are all happy to go home early, however as I approached my neighborhood and saw that the traffic lights were out and then all the lights were out in our shopping area, I knew we'd be out too. An afternoon off with no electricity. So much for all the things I was going to do. Do you believe how dependent we are with electricity?

I feel guilty that I get frustrated with this. I know that having a home, even with no power, is better than most of the world, and yet I grumble. At least a little. It is a good reminder that we are not in control.

One of the ladies at work got stuck in the elevator when we lost power and she entertained herself playing games on her cell phone until someone came to get her out. I think everyone else was more concerned than she was about the situation.

It reminded me of how God's grace works. He has promised us the grace need for any situation we find ourselves in, not for those around us.

No comments: