Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What captures you?

"People whose attention has been captured by the beauty of Christ find little appeal in the glamour of this world." Sam Storms "Pleasures Evermore"

I would change glamour to attractions, I'm not always seduced by glamorous things, but I am very attracted by things of this world.

As a young mom in a Bible study I was admonished by one of the other moms. We had been discussing how much we were looking forward to watching our kids grow up and marry and have kids of there own, and we were hoping that the Lord wouldn't return before that happened. She looked at us in astonishment and said "I can't believe you want your kids to grow up and face the pain of this world rather than be in Heaven with the Lord."

I guiltily confessed my shortsightedness to the Lord and asked Him to help me see the world through His eyes, not mine. Unfortunately I am too easily distracted and "captured" by things in this world. I must continually ask Him to reveal to me what I need to let go of so that I can delight in Him alone.

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.

No comments: