Tuesday, September 02, 2008

God's Holy Zeal!

Tozer says of God, "He pursues His labors always in a fullness of holy zeal."

What a picture of God. As I thought on it I realized that I often picture God as I would picture myself when I am multitasking. I am busy trying to get everything done and usually a bit distracted, not zealous. I tend to get a bit stressed too. But God isn't like that. He is the ultimate "multitakser" and it doesn't faze Him. He knows what is going on everywhere and is working out His will in everything with a holy zeal. No distraction, stress, concern--just zeal.

I looked up zeal and it is: passionate devotion to or interest in a cause or subject.

How wonderful to picture God at work this way in our world and in our lives. How different it might make my life if I continualy live with this awareness of God.

With praise to our holy, loving and passionate Father. Amen.

No comments: