Monday, December 29, 2008

My Beloved

Today, in my reading through the Bible, I came to the Song of Solomon. I know there is controversy about this book--is it picturing an actual love relationship between a man and woman or is it a picture of God's love for us. I think it's both and has much to teach us about both. It is a wonderful picture of love. Today I read it as a picture of God's love for me and was so blessed.

"I am my Beloved's and He is mine." What a wonderful encouragement this is. he loves me/us with an intensity that I can't relate to, I can just be in awe of it. He thinks of me as beautiful, because of what Christ did for me at the cross. Me, beautiful! Amazing!

And the picture of my beloved is awesome.

My reading in the New Testament was Jude today and how encouraging the final verses of that little book were, in light of the picture of His love.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
and to make you stand in His presence of His glory blameless with great joy,
to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord,
be glory, Majesty, dominion, and authority
before all time, and now, and forever.

Amen and Amen.

Oh how I long for the day when we will be presented to Jesus as His beloved bride.

Even so come Lord Jesus!

No comments: