Monday, March 26, 2007

God is Good!

God is Good! We must place our faith in a God who has yet to fulfill the promise that good will overcome evil, that God's good purposes will, in the end, prevail. To cling to that belief may represent the ultimate rationalization-- or the ultimate act of faith. Phillip Yancy

I know that Christ defeated our enemy in the cross and resurrection, but I still see so much hurt and evil. In light of this I choose to believe the promise of Rom. 8:28 and 29. Sometimes it's very hard, but God is a God who keeps His promises. When going through a difficult time once, a friend said, "wont' it be interesting to see how Rom. 8:28-29 comes true in this situation." I appreciated her jolt back to reality for me and continue to remember her words.

A woman recently shared a testimony of a friend who was about to lose a long painful fight with cancer. Her friend, with feeble voice, said as boldly as she could: "I still believe that God is good." What a testimony. I think our enemy shuddered at her words. He hates it when God's people speak the truth of God's goodness, especially in difficult and painful circumstances.

I pray that I will always give testimony to the goodness of God, and not give in to my own pride and foolishness.

Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised.

No comments: