Thursday, April 05, 2007

Who Am I Listening To?

"When we live exclusivly out of the expectations thrust on us from without, rather than living from the truth emerging within, we become caught in the collective 'they'." Sue Monk Kidd

"I have bent and spindled my soul trying to become what I perceived others wanted or needed from me." Sue Monk Kidd

"With God we can become the co-author of our own life rather than allowing ourselves to be authored by others." Sam Keen


Whose expectations am I trying to live by? What does God's truth say to them? Where am I deciving myself? where am I not trusting God?

These are very hard questions, but so necessary. It is so easy to get caught up in what others expect of us, or what we think they expect of us. How freeing to just live as God has designed me to live. But how hard sometimes to sort these things out. I'm so grateful for His indwelling Spirit and His word to help me.

No comments: