Friday, April 27, 2007

Faith and Doubts

"Faith during affliction matters more than the healing from affliction. Submitting to God's will is preferable to a rescue from crucifixion. Humility counts more than deliverance from a thorn in the flesh.
In the advanced school of prayer, where one loves God with the entire soul, doubts and struggles do not disappear, but their effect on us diminishes." Phillip Yancey

From and article by Madaline L'Engle:

In answer to a students request "Do you really and truly believe in God with no doubts at all?"

"Oh, I really and truly believe in god with all kinds of doubts."

The man whose son needed healing, "Lord I believe, help my unbelief."

Jesus in the garden, "Not my will but Thine be done."

What an incredible God we have. He understands our struggles and is glorified by our trust in Him in them. This Is amazing and awesome.

John 14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled, believe in God, believe also in me."

Lord I believe, help my unbelief.

No comments: