Saturday, January 05, 2008

O, to be an awestruck apprentice....

"...the realm of resurrection where all things can be made new because of the unfathomable depths of the heart of the loving God who dreams of a better world and enters into it to make the dream come true."

"We come, neither as masters of all the secrets of the universe nor as blind gropers after some shred of truth and enlightenment, but rather as awestruck apprentices who have been given enough light to continue the journey with confidence and conviction."

Some final words of encouragement from William C. Frey in "The Dance of Hope." I've enjoyed this book and the reminder of God's creative and amazing love for His creation.

I often go through my day without being aware of what God is doing, and His presence. How much I miss out on by being so focused on the little piece of the picture that is my daily life. I need to continually remind myself that there is a much bigger picture and be amazed at God's work in it all.

What an awesome, loving, sovereign God we have!

No comments: