Wednesday, February 17, 2010

On my first night in Glasgow I found my mind thinking on way too much, this is what my mind does when I can't sleep.
I found myself remembering, again, an incident that took place about 30 years ago. On a family vacation we had stopped of for a view and stretch. Jenny was a bit slow getting in the car, Tim started it up, and she thought we were leaving without her. She brought this up through the years as, "Remember the time you left me." I always assured her we would never have left her, but she wasn't assured.
It was just recently that I found out she remembers sitting on a ledge as the car started, I remember seeing her at the door of the car getting in. Two perceptions, both very real, but both can't be right, can they? Which is right?
This is so true in our perception of our lives and God's perception of them. His perception is obviously right but that doesn't always help us in viewing it. Our perception seems so real. That's where trust comes in. For some reason Jenny thought we'd leave her behind, she didn't trust in our goodness and love for her. How often is that the case with us? If I know my God and trust in His goodness and love I won't be anxious about situations or how things look, or hold on to seeming injustices.
This incident has turned into a good reminder to me of God's trustworthiness and to not trust in my perceptions.

No comments: