Friday, February 26, 2010

A High View of God

I just finished another book by Dale Cramer, one of my favorite fiction authors. The book is Levi's Will.

The book covers about 40 years in the life of an Amish man who left the fold. It shows the harshness of legalism, which we find in the church too unfortunately, and the freedom of grace and enjoying God's gifts, which is Amish family had learned.

Towards the end of the book his son makes a great observation. Comparing a character in a favorite book, who lived a life in excess, seeking whatever would bring him pleasure and in the end finding that none of it gave him life, and what he had just witnessed of the grace and simple trust of the Amish, he said of them, "They hold their God very high."

I pray that others will see this same quality in my. I want to "hold my God up very high," and live in simple faith and trust, and extravagant grace.

No comments: