Saturday, October 14, 2006

I Am Loved :)

"Jesus respects us so, He never treats us solely on the basis of the harm done to us."

This was a statement by Jan Meyers in her book, "Listening To Love".

I felt for years that Christ saved me because he felt sorry for me. It was an incredible thing for me when I realized that He redeemed me because He loved me, and loved me before the foundation of the world!

He doesn't feel sorry for us, He loves us and He continues to use our circumstances, choices, foolishness and even the hurts we have experienced to make us more like Him, Rom 8:28-29.

We have an enemy who hates us, but also a Father who loves us and will always do what's best for us. What a wonderful truth and comfort this is.

I will give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever! Ps. 118:29

No comments: