Sunday, November 05, 2006

O How Loved We Are

I heard a short message from John Piper this week called "How a Dead Dog loves a King". It was a graduation message he gave and it was about Mephibosheth and his love for David. You can read the story in II Sam. 9, 16 and 19. It is a very humbling reminder of how undeserving we are of God's love and kindness to Him.

The small group I meet with on Sundays had a great discussion from this on His love and our trust in it. One of the ladies had to wrestle through a very hard issue last week. The choice of obedience over desire was very hard and when she made it, God honored and blessed her choice, by allowing her to continue in the direction she felt Him leading her and by allowing her struggle to encourage others around her. But the wrestling was painful and so hard. We were reminded of Christ wrestling in the Garden and realized that He knows our struggle.

He is a God we can trust and He is working out His good in us. He doesn't guess or get distracted or make mistakes, as we often do.

I read a great statement this week by Jan Meyer in her book "Listening to Love";

I am no longer a slave to my story, I am freed by the endless pursuit of the lover of my soul.

No comments: