Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Abundant life?

Life seems to be what I'm focusing on now. Jesus said "I am come that you may have life and have it abundantly" I belive this, but I don't know quite what this abundant life is. I used to think it meant life would go well, but the Lord showed me that that is not it. Sometimes life just hurts, but He makes abundant life available even when life seems out of control.
I think John Piper's continued encouragement from the Westminster Catechism, is what it is about:
What is the chief end of man? To glorify God, by enjoying Him forever. Piper changed it from "and enjoy Him forever" and I like the change.
I believe this is the key, no matter what is going on I can praise God, because He is God and He is a great God.
Yet, I get so caught up in life, that I don't even think about praising Him during my days. Why is this? I know most of us this struggle with this, it is reality of the foolishness of the flesh. This is what I need to die to daily.
Thank you God that You are sanctifying me and I don't have to do it myself, I know I never could. Thank you for the pain and struggles that remind me of how much I need you and help me to remember how much I need you, especially when things are going well.

I will exault You, I will give thanks to Your Name.

No comments: