Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Great God

John tells us that to work the works of God is to believe in He whom He sent. It was hard for the people who followed Jesus to hear, but not for us..... or is it?
I was challenged once to look at where I wasn't trusting God. I was offended at this, God is the only one I have been able to trust, how can you imply I don't trust Him!
that night I was reading John Piper and he challenged us to "war against our own unbelief." I figured God was telling me something and asked God to reveal to me where I wasn't trusting Him.
He did and it was hard to see and then deal with. Seeing a truth is always easier than implementing what was shown. I submitted to Him and humbled myself and shared with some others ways that I had been deceiving myself and thus them. This wasn't easy, but it was so freeing afterwards and I had a much better understanding of God's goodness and trustworthiness.

Lord I believe, help my unbelief, is a favorite and one I speak often.
What an incredible God we have who knows how we will struggle with trusting Him and yet chooses to love us and promises to never leave us.
Yes, I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and He is God and He is my Savior and truth, and yet I struggle with what this means. He will continue with me through the struggle and bless me in the midst of it and at times hide Himself, but He will never leave me or forsake me :)

I dropped my keys under the steps Friday night and left them there, to ask Tim to get them for me later, and then I forgot about them. Saturday I looked for my keys to go to the store and ended up borrowing Tim's because mine weren't anywhere to be found. Tim asked me later in the day if I'd found them and I said no, and I was a bit frustrated, I don't usually lose my keys. Saturday night while going up stairs I finally remembered droping them and laughed and told Tim where they were and he rescued them for me. This is a silly story, but not unusual for absent minded people like myself. It is comforting for me to know that God isn't absent minded or forgetful. He knows where I am and what's on my heart 24/7.

He is a great God.


No comments: